Assistant Dean of Enrollment Management
518.697.6500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Begin Your Career As a Health Care Facilitator With Our Microcredential Program
The Health Care Facilitator microcredential provides students with the skills and knowledge to help healthcare facilities and providers in their telemedicine endeavors.
What is a Health Care Facilitator and Where Do They Work?
A Health Care Facilitator is a knowledgeable person who will provide confidential one-on-one assistance in connecting patients with their healthcare providers. Facilitators are qualified to work in a wide range of settings, including hospitals, doctors’ offices, insurance company call centers, and more.
What is the Average Salary and Projected Job Growth?
Health Information Specialists — a position similar to Health Care Facilitator — had an annual mean wage of $45,240, or $21.75 per hour, in 2020, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Demand for these positions is projected to grow by 9% between 2020 and 2030.
What Skills Will I Gain Through This Program?
- Interpersonal skills
- 21st century healthcare leadership
- Knowledge of healthcare
- Understanding computer/technology and healthcare provider platforms
- Anatomy & physiology
- Medical terminology pronunciation
- Customer Service
- Medical Office Procedures (3 credits, course number AH 125 80419)
- Medical Terminology (3 credits, course number AH 129 80420)
- Computer Applications (3 credits, course number CI 105 80053)
- Capstone Experience — a comprehensive exam that will incorporate a hands-on practicum of the use of the computer platform systems, and students’ ability to manage a set of data related to the hypothetical patient case study.
How Long is the Program and When Can I Begin?
Students can take one, two, or all three classes during the Fall 2022 semester. The semester begins on September 6, 2022, and will take 15 weeks to complete. At the end of the program, students will be qualified to seek employment in an ambulatory care setting, or a hospital acting as the facilitator through the telehealth platform for the physicians.
How Much Do Classes Cost?
$639 per course for NYS residents, plus fees. If you are interested in learning more about financial aid and other opportunities, please contact the Admissions office at 518.697.6500.
What is a microcredential? Learn more here.