Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility
Columbia-Greene Community College (C-GCC) is committed to providing digital materials which allow ALL students and employees to access digital information. The resources below will help you to create accessible documents, presentations and spreadsheets. Tips to create an inclusive learning environment in Brightspace, C-GCC’s Learning Management System, are also provided below. The standards for all EIT Accessibility areas comply with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 AA.
Documents, Presentations and Spreadsheets
Microsoft Word Accessibility
- Using the Accessibility Checker
- Improve accessibility with alt text
- Improve heading accessibility
- Creating accessible links
- Create accessible file names
- Create accessible tables
- Create accessible PDFs from Word documents (written tutorial)
For written tutorials, please see the webpage Make your documents accessible.
Microsoft PowerPoint Accessibility
- Create more accessible slides
- Improve image accessibility in PowerPoint
- Use more accessible colors and styles in slides
- Design slides for people with dyslexia
- Save a presentation in a different format
For text-based tutorials, please see the webpage Make your PowerPoint presentations accessible.
- Start with an accessible Excel template
- Create more accessible tables in Excel
- Create more accessible charts in Excel
For written tutorials, please see the webpage Make your Excel documents accessible.
Teaching and Presentation Resources
Click to access OpenSUNY’s help page or call 1-844-673-6786 (*Press option 1 to reach the Help Desk).